0.9b (c) 1995 Peter Childs
Name LAN Server Management Tools Version v2.03 11/96 Author Alain Rykaert, IBM Belgium (see EMail Addresses) Distrib. ? Type REXX Program Price - Source BBS Name: LSMT200.*
Description of the author:
"The major purpose of the tools is to help the novice as well as the experienced LAN Server administrator to migrate, update and/or maintain his LAN Server domain(s).
The tools allow the administrator to extract the information of his current LAN Server environment into ASCII files, change it and use it to apply these changes to the same or to a newly installed environment.
Therefore these tools are useful to:
* Backup a LAN Server domain
* Restore a backuped version
* Migrate (for example from LAN Server 3.0 to 4.0 or WarpServer)
* Restructure the actual domain definitions
The programs are written in REXX not only to enable you to adjust them to your own needs but also to demonstrate the usability and easiness of REXX. We have written the programs to meet following objectives:
The command files have to:
* be easy to read and debug by any user who is familiar with REXX
* be easy to upgrade to a PM environment by using programs such as VX-Rexx, VisPro-Rexx, GPF-Rexx, DrDialog and so on
* provide external customable files for proper convenience such as column length, language and so on
* provide error and logging facilities for all activities "
This program is mentioned here as very good example for using the REXX DLLs from LAN Server or WARP Server.
Inf-HTML End Run - Successful