0.9b (c) 1995 Peter Childs
Name RCF - REXX Code Formatter/2 Version Release 1.2.4 Author RKE Consulting, Inc. P.O. Box 11569 Spring, TX 77391-1569 USA Distrib. Shareware Type VisPro REXX Executable Price $15 Source BBS Name: rcf2102e.*
Description from the author:
REXX Code Formatter/2 Description
The REXX Code Formatter/2 (RCF/2) is an OS/2(*) REXX application written using VisPro/REXX(**) and VisPro/Reports(**). It is designed to allow a REXX programmer to format a program in a particular style, insuring that the format of each element of the REXX program conforms to that style.
Features of REXX Code Formatter/2
Using this product, users may, for example:
* Define the indentation to be used in general plus the amount for:
- Program statements subordinate to DO and SELECT,
- Statements that begin with THEN/ELSE, and
- Continued statements.
* Specify whether:
- Lines are to be split at semicolons,
- Redundant spaces are to be removed from program statements,
- New lines are to start before or after THEN/ELSE keywords, and
- END statements are to be indented to align with the corresponding DO/SELECT subordinate statements.
* Specify the formatting for:
- REXX keyword Instructions,
- REXX keywords besides those that begin a REXX keyword instruction,
- Variables names,
- Function names, and
- Define special formatting for selected function names.
- Check for duplicate labels and insure all labels start on a new line.
- Have RCF/2 create a file of label names as they appear in the program
- so that all references to them in the program (and even other programs) will reflect this same format.
- Align full-line, left-hand, and right-hand comments.
- Generate a listing of the formatted program.
In addition, while RCF/2 is not a syntax-checker or code debugger, it does provide some assistance in program development. It can, for example:
* Identify DO and SELECT instructions missing a corresponding END clause,
* Flag comments that are not started but not closed, and
* Highlight literal strings with a missing quote. New features in Release 1.2.0 are:
* A cross reference facility for labels, variables, and function names.
* Optional formatting notes if undefined function names are found.
* The ability to add "Commented line numbers" to statements.
* Landscape printing formats.
* Right-hand alignment of full-line comments with extension and truncation to allow for "boxing" of comments.
* Specification of file name and directory for generated associated label files.
* Maintenance of multiple generated associated label file data in a single file.
* Separate formatting specification for the standard REXX built-in functions.
* The specification of the file to be edited as a parameter at RCF invocation.
* The extension of the allowable indentation values to be up to 999.
* Placement of the print specification in a separate page to facilitate changing of printer specifications.
* Use of WARP 4 notebook format for configuration settings when using OS/2 WARP 4.
Inf-HTML End Run - Successful